This topic consists of two 2-hour on-line training classes which will prepare you to provide one-on-one support for parents whose children have been abused. This product includes the second of the two classes (Part B). The first class (Part A) is a separate product.
- How to create an environment where their kids feel safe enough to talk
- Reporting - Law Enforcement, Child Protective Services and the Criminal Court Process
- Referrals to a therapist for their child (and themselves!)
- Possibly referrals to an attorney
- Potential Victims of Crime Compensation
Emotional support as the whole family processes what has happened. The emotional roller coaster can be overwhelming, including feelings of shock, disbelief, anger, sadness, depression, shame, guilt and embarrassment to name a few.
* All references to TAALK Chapters are no longer in affect. We are offering the training as a valuable resource for people who want to become independent advocates in their community.